Monday 11 August 2008

Product review The SchoolHouse Planner

When I was first asked to review this product I must admit I didn't think it would be that great, not being much of a planner myself. How wrong I was. It is one of the best resources I have come across in a long time and I only wish that I'd had it ten years ago when I was first starting off on our home school journey.
It is actually 247 pages long and can be printed off, if you prefer. It is also very easy to use as a pdf document as you can put little post-it notes on the calender and weekly planner.
It has much more to offer though than this. There are website addresses for everything from curriculum to holiday resources, delicious recipes, info sheets on subjects such as a time line of inventions, a page on famous composers and tips on everything from teaching writing to learning a foreign language.
It covers from July 2008 to June 2009 but it really can be used in any way you see fit and for as long as you like.
It also has an annual planner, a twelve year planner and yearly goals page. Also a prayer journal page and a bible reading schedule that will enable you to read the bible in just a year by reading between 2 and 4 chapters a day.
I think that this will definitely help me to get everything done and planned over the next year and for just $39 it is a home school dream, everything in one place, and able to be looked at either with the click of a mouse or the turn of a page.
For more info click here.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is interesting--i am horrible at using planners of any sort but the ideas and links is pretty cool.